New (?) idea to optimize database

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Mar 25 00:45:14 CET 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:06:31 -0800
.rp wrote:

> From:           	Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at piology.org>
> To:             	bogofilter at bogofilter.org
> Date sent:      	Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:34:31 +0100
> Subject:        	Re: New (?) idea to optimize database

> > >I don't understand what is meant by converge
> >
> > bogominitrain trains in several rounds. At some point there
> > are no more changes.
> >
> > >couldn't the "ignore" be used as a "prevent" for purposes of train?
> >
> > ???
> >
> > pi
> >
> Is the ignore_wordlist table no longer enabled in bogofilter?
> I was thinking that if a word was in the ignore during training that it would in
> effect prevent the word from being used in any further calculations.
> -rp

No.  It's still present and is working as intended -- ignoring tokens
when computing message scores.

It _could_ be put to use as a registration filter, though that would
slow bogofilter and was never its intended use.

I'll give it some thought, but won't make any promises, though if
someone else were inspired to do some coding ...

Regards,