repeately database corruption after some time

Christian Parpart trapni at gentoo.org
Wed Mar 22 03:49:16 CET 2006

Hi all,

We are running repeatily into the problem, that bogofilter refuses to filter
the mails after some certain time of having been run greatly in success.

But we just can't reinitiate the users' database each and every time.

However, the error  that occurs look like:

Mar 17 16:30:50 himura postfix/local[29724]:
9377A79DA3D: to=<trapni at SERVER>, orig_to=<trapni at SERVER>, relay=local,
delay=0, status=deferred
(temporary failure. Command output: bogofilter[810]:
error: the data base file size is only 16 pages bogofilter[810]:
        below the resource limit. Cowardly refusing bogofilter[810]:
        to continue to avoid data base corruption.
procmail: Error while writing to "bogofilter"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded )

My guess was that the database file might have exceeded some certain limit of
size/whatever.

My wordlist.db actually is 51M, but can't use it anymore, as I myself get this
error, too. Removing about 500 spam mails by traversing through all maildirs
each day is a pain, so, I really hope to get an answer here...

Thanks in advance,
Christian Parpart.