Training using Exim4.6 and Maildir problem

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Sat Dec 16 00:44:01 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 12:14:03PM +0100, Pieter Claassen wrote:

> 2. If I cron the following job
>
> bogofilter -d /etc/bogofilter -B ~/Maildir/cur -n
> bogofilter -d /etc/bogofilter -B ~/Maildir/.Suspect/cur -s
>
> Then I fear I will be retraining on the whole spam/ham email lists which will
> skew the scoring and break the system in the long run. How do I only train on
> the new messages added to the .Suspect and my ham folders?

What I do is put good emails into the "hidden" IMAP folder of
./Maildir/.hold/ (all of the users have it but unless they map the
folder they do not see it) as well as the ./Maildir/ default inbox.  You
could do something similar for the spam, like ./Maildir/.holdspam/ .

Then your cronjob works on those folders and can delete from it as
needed.