Training using Exim4.6 and Maildir problem

Pieter Claassen pieter at claassen.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 12:14:03 CET 2006

I would like to train bogofilter but have the following problems/fears:

1. bogominitrain doesn't seem to take Maildir format as input? Is there a way
to make it look at Maildir folders?

2. If I cron the following job

bogofilter -d /etc/bogofilter -B ~/Maildir/cur -n
bogofilter -d /etc/bogofilter -B ~/Maildir/.Suspect/cur -s

Then I fear I will be retraining on the whole spam/ham email lists which will
skew the scoring and break the system in the long run. How do I only train on
the new messages added to the .Suspect and my ham folders?

I read my mail via imap and therefore don't have the option to use my MUA to
run bogofilter over incorrectly classified mails.

Lastly, I might be a bit daft, but the documentation doesn't seem to indicate
clearly when it is ok and when not to train/retrain over an existing list of
emails.

Thanks,
--
Pieter Claassen