image-only spam -- ideas, what to do?

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Tue Dec 12 13:04:17 CET 2006

Quoting Matej Cepl <ceplm at seznam.cz>:

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/194218
> Are there any ideas what to do with stuff like this? They are
> gettingtoo often for my liking through my filters...
> Matěj
> -- http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/bog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.czGPG
> Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC If
> Patrick Henry thought that taxation without representation wasbad,
> he should see how bad it is with representation.

This discussion seems to keep coming up.  I dont think that bogofilter
alone can solve the inline spam issue.  Actually, unless Im wrong
feeding bogofilter inline spam seems to be increasing the number of
mislabeled spam messages that are getting thrown into my filter.  And
with the holiday season here, I seem to be processing an enormous
amount of spam.  If anyone has a good open-source solution I wish they
would speak up.  Problem with the inline spam is the message is
actually just random text.  So there is nothing for bogofilter to grab
and score correctly.

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator