Spam in images

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 18:09:26 CEST 2006

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:26:44 +0200 Matthias Andree
<matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:

> John G Walker schrieb:
>

> > Or an option to block messages with no text? Even better.
> >
> > I think blocking a short message would be potentially quite nasty. I
> > send, and get, quite a few short (legit) messages, and consider
> > brevity to be a virtue,
>
> The whole point of the trainable filter is that you adjust it to your
> needs. In my situation, short messages arrive, but not short messages
> with just an image...

Point taken. I was thinking about a brief automated confirmation
message I received yesterday to a query I'd sent out. I don't want
messages like that to be classed as spam, purely on grounds of length.

But the problem surely is that a filter cannot be trained if it does not
contain any text. I'd support an option (NB option) to treat such
messages as spam. One word should be enough to present the email to the
normal bayesian filter,

--
 All the best,
 John