Per user wordlist for 12000 users

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Apr 22 16:15:27 CEST 2006

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:03:48 +0200
Piotr KUCHARSKI wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 07:19:35PM -0400, David Relson wrote:
> > The special address technique for correcting errors can be implemented
> > quite easily with procmail or maildrop. [...]
> >  /home/test/.procmailrc would recognize addresses
> >  test+FN at yourdomain.com and test+FP at yourdomain.com and run bogofilter
> >  with -s or -n flags.
>
> That, of course, assumes that the user knows how to properly
> bounce the message. I miss some easy way of tagging messages
> (in headers and/or body) and using this tag later to allow
> reclassification of a given message. (I think DSPAM does that.)
>
> p.

What has worked for me, with Sylpheed-Claws, is to have "Register as
Ham" and "Register as Spam" actions which do appropriate "forward as
attachment" actions to my mail server.  The mail server has procmail
rules to extract the original message and runs a script.  The script
looks at the X-Bogosity line and does the proper bogofilter
registration depending on whether the message had been classified as
ham, spam, or unsure and has been user classified as ham or spam.

I happen to use an old script that I already had for this purpose, but
bogofilter is distributed with Tom Anderson's bfproxy.pl script which
does much the same thing.

Regards,