Problems after a Debian testing bogofilter upgrade

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Oct 15 19:38:23 CEST 2005

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:26:35 -0300
Martín Marqués wrote:

> I just upgraded bogofilter in debian testing (on SPARC) to version 0.96.2-1
> (uses bogofilter-common now).
> The problem is that now bogofilter stopped working. Mails don't have the
> bogosity: header, and whenever I try to update my smap and ham data I get an
> abort message (nothing else then that).
>
> Any ideas on whats going on? I ran a db4.3_verify wordlist.db which have me no
> output, so I guess it's ok.

Hi Martin,

As a quick answer, No, I don't know why the debian upgrade on your
SPARC machine isn't working.  You'll need to run some quick manual
tests to see how well bogofilter is working.

Can you run bogofilter from the command line?  Do you have any abnormal
output?  Here are commands to try:

   bogofilter -V
   bogofilter -Q
   echo this is a test message | bogofilter -vvv -H
   echo this is a test message | bogofilter -vvv -H -x d

Attached are my outputs.  Yours should be similar.  Feel free to post
all your outputs on the list.

Regards,