Problems after a Debian testing bogofilter upgrade

Bill Wohler wohler at newt.com
Sat Oct 15 19:02:03 CEST 2005

Martín Marqués <martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar> writes:

> I just upgraded bogofilter in debian testing (on SPARC) to version 0.96.2-1
> (uses bogofilter-common now).

>From which version? From your comment about bogofilter-common, I'm
guessing it's been a while. A long while.

Since around 0.91, I've had to make the following adjustments:

1. Bogofilter header now says "X-Bogosity: Spam" instead of

2. Removed deprecated -3 option.

3. Converted to transaction database. See section "2.2.1 Upgrading to
   transactional databases, also from older bogofilter versions" in
   /usr/share/doc/bogofilter-common/README.db for instructions.

I'm running 0.96.1-1. If that's what you were running and things broke
when you went to 0.96.2-1, then that's an issue for the Debian
maintainer since that isn't an upstream upgrade. (And I'll hold off on
upgrading for now ;-).

--
Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD