Newbie config problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Nov 27 18:57:24 CET 2005

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:19:25 -0500
Jason Jablon wrote:

...[snip]...

> Where am I going wrong? Or do I just need to install the new version
> and do more training?
>
> Thanks Again,
>
> Jason Jablon

Hi Jason,

I'd recommend installing the new version and redoing the training.

A long while back, bogofilter switched from separate spam and ham
wordlists (the spamlist.db and goodlist.db files in your output) to a
single wordlist (named wordlist.db) which contains all tokens.  It _is_
possible to migrate from separate wordlists to the single wordlist.
Since your installation is new, just starting afresh is the easiest
thing to do.

Once you've trained, you can see the results with bogoutil.  The FAQ
and the man pages have more details, but some useful commands are:

  bogoutil -d ~/.bogofilter
  bogoutil -p ~/.bogofilter {list of words whose scores you want to see}

Regards,