6 days, 76 downloads, 1 issue

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Nov 19 14:25:32 CET 2005

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:26:52 -0300
Martín Marqués wrote:

> El Sáb 19 Nov 2005 06:22, Matthias Andree escribió:
> > David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
> > >
> > >    bogofilter-1.0.0 ?
> >
> > Documentation perhaps, and waiting for more feedback with Berkeley DB
> > 4.4.16. It passes "make check" for me, which is why I'm advertising it.
> >
> > 76 downloads does not sound ample, yet the FreeBSD port is at 0.96.6 -
> > and it causes the computers to download from SourceForge.
>
> If you need testing I could step up my bogofilter up to the version in Debian
> unstable on my local server (not many users, but mainly my test machine).
>
> martin at bugs:~$ apt-cache policy bogofilter
> bogofilter:
>   Instalados: 0.96.2-1
>   Candidato: 0.96.2-1
>   Tabla de versión:
>      0.96.6-1 0
>          50 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>  *** 0.96.2-1 0
>         800 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      0.94.4-1 0
>         500 http://ftp.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
>
> The only issue is that I don have db 4.4.x installed, and it doesn't seem to
> be packaged for Debian yet. Is that a problem?

Matthias,

As you know, not much code has changed since the current stable
release, which is 0.96.2.  This morning SourceForge is showing 0.96.6
downloads at 98 and 0.96.2 downloads at 785, for a total of 883 (not
counting text files).  These numbers don't include the intervening
versions or counts for other download sources.

I hadn't been aware of db4.4's release until I saw your CVS commits
yesterday.  Evidently it new.  Do we even want to mention it in 1.0.0
documentation?  Given our lack of experience with it, I'm inclined to
say the answer is "No."

Martin,

I don't have db4.4 installed either.  It certainly isn't required for
1.0.0.  It would be great if you upgraded to 0.96.6 and gave it a
test.  I don't anticipate any problems, but one never knows.  Surprises
_do_ happen.

Regards,