Seg Fault

David N Murray dmurray at jsbsystems.com
Fri May 20 19:37:23 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I've been running BF (currently v0.15.8) for quite some time with no
problems.  Earlier in the week, we had a disk failure.  I believe I've
restored everything, but now BF is broken.

I run BF under qmail-scanner.pl.  I've had problems in the past with BF
seg-faulting and I've modified qmail-scanner to make sure the mail goes
through anyway. If BF fails to complete, I save the message in a folder so
I can review it later.

Currently, BF is seg-faulting on _all_ messages.

When I run BF on a failed message (interactively, as root), it runs fine.
My normal processing options are "-3 -p -I".  As root, no problem.

The first thing that jumped to mind was I'm running out of memory.  I
doubled the qmail-smtpd softlimit from 16M to 32M and its still not
working.

Anyone have any suggestions?  I'm stumped.

TIA,
Dave Murray

[root at mail qmailscan]# bogofilter -V
bogofilter version 0.15.8
    Algorithms: Fisher Graham Robinson
    Database: BerkeleyDB (3.2.9), combined
Copyright (C) 2002 Eric S. Raymond

bogofilter comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and
you are welcome to redistribute it under the General Public License. See
the COPYING file with the source distribution for details.