bf_compact

R Kimber rkimber at ntlworld.com
Fri May 13 19:29:40 CEST 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005 18:28:28 +0200
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:

> Conclusion: If you are offended by the way bf_compact works, don't use
> it. Now that bogofilter can automatically remove log files if running
> in transactional mode, and bogoutil --db-prune=DIRECTORY can manually
> purge excess log files, there's little reason to use bf_compact at
> all.

Yes.  Thanks.  I wasn't offended - just that I used it as advertised
and my wordlist and config files disappeared.  I (mis-?)understood that
David recommended that you should run it at regular intervals, but I'm
happy not to do so.

It might still be better for those that use it if bf_compact got its
transactional info from the config file, though, as there might be old
unused log files around from a previous transactional usage - or
wouldn't that matter?

- Richard
--
Richard Kimber