Success!

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Sun May 1 00:59:38 CEST 2005

Finally got Bogofilter working properly, for some reason the first example
Procmail recipe in the manpage does not work for me (everything gets sent to the
spam bin, even though the mail is marked as ham). Must be something with my
system. Anyhow, I used the second one:

# filter mail through bogofilter, tagging it as spam and
# updating the wordlist

:0fw
| bogofilter -u -e -p

# if bogofilter failed, return the mail to the queue, the MTA will
# retry to deliver it later
# 75 is the value for EX_TEMPFAIL in /usr/include/sysexits.h

:0e
{ EXITCODE=75 HOST }

# file the mail to spam-bogofilter if it's spam.

:0:

...and all works exceedingly well. Haven't had any spam or false positives in
two days. Great piece of work, all!

One thing, and I don't know if this is just the way it was packaged for Debian,
but the default config in /etc/bogofilter.cf is to add 'X-Bogosity: Spam' to the
headers, while the above recipe from the manpage is looking for 'X-Bogosity:
Yes'. That one had me scratching my head for a bit, but I eventually figured it
out.

Anyhow, wanted to say thanks to all for a great project that is really working
well for me. Cheers!

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
18:50:24 up 68 days, 19:59, 9 users, load average: 1.70, 1.31, 1.22