bogotune bugs?

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sun Mar 20 01:47:53 CET 2005

On 20050320 (Sun) at 0029:12 +0000, Jason Lunz wrote:
> does bogotune have known bugs? I'm using debian sarge, and I've tried
> both 0.94.0 and 0.94.1. No matter what I do, it says:
>
> [mudd](0) % bogotune -n ham -s spam
> Calculating initial x value...
> Error: /home/lunz/.bogofilter/wordlist.db is not a directory.
> bogotune: cannot find bogofilter directory.
> You must specify a directory on the command line, in the config file,
> or by using the BOGOFILTER_DIR or HOME environment variables.
> Program aborting.
> Initial x value is 0.541073
> Too few high-scoring non-spams in this data set.
> [snip]

Confirmed.  It's the calculation of x that's b0rken, and this is a bug
formerly squashed and now resurrected.

> there's lots of other output, but i'm not inclined to trust it or try to
> figure out what it means if bogotune can't even seem to read the
> wordlist.

Don't blame you.

> What are the error messages supposed to mean? Of course
> "/home/lunz/.bogofilter/wordlist.db is not a directory". It's not
> supposed to be.

Obviously the check that's being made thinks differently.

> I've tried different combinations of using BOGOFILTER_DIR, -d, giving
> the name of either wordlist.db itself or the directory it's in, and
> nothing works.

David will have the history and should be able to dig up the fix.  I'm
not up to reinventing wheels this Saturday evening.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s         | gpg public key: 0x400B1AA86D9E3E64 |
|  http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   (on my website or any keyserver) |