bogotune bugs?

Jason Lunz lunz at falooley.org
Sun Mar 20 01:29:12 CET 2005

does bogotune have known bugs? I'm using debian sarge, and I've tried
both 0.94.0 and 0.94.1. No matter what I do, it says:

[mudd](0) % bogotune -n ham -s spam
Calculating initial x value...
Error: /home/lunz/.bogofilter/wordlist.db is not a directory.
bogotune: cannot find bogofilter directory.
You must specify a directory on the command line, in the config file,
or by using the BOGOFILTER_DIR or HOME environment variables.
Program aborting.
Initial x value is 0.541073
Too few high-scoring non-spams in this data set.
[snip]

there's lots of other output, but i'm not inclined to trust it or try to
figure out what it means if bogotune can't even seem to read the
wordlist.

What are the error messages supposed to mean? Of course
"/home/lunz/.bogofilter/wordlist.db is not a directory". It's not
supposed to be.

I've tried different combinations of using BOGOFILTER_DIR, -d, giving
the name of either wordlist.db itself or the directory it's in, and
nothing works.

any ideas?

Jason