Fatal error

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Mar 8 01:10:09 CET 2005

Ben Finney <ben at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> On 26-Feb-2005, Mark Constable wrote:
>> Most suggestions involve turning off the mailserver which
>> is close to impossible in my case... it's way too busy.
>
> Recovering bogofilter's database doesn't require turning off the mail
> server; you only need to disable bogofilter invocation.

Which is another selling point for maildrop: chmod +t ~ (mark the home
directory sticky) and it takes the fast way out with EX_TEMPFAIL,
without doing any program invocations or deliveries, chmod -t ~ to
resume deliveries -- all this for a particular user. This makes it
possible to hack around in a user's bogofilter environment without
stopping the mailserver, for instance.