[bogofilter] Training from scratch

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Mon Mar 7 20:38:39 CET 2005

Tom Anderson wrote:
> It sounds like your robx=0.52... what's your min_dev?  If you have a
> high min_dev, it may take more training to have an effect.  As David
> suggested, use verbose output (-vvv) to see a detailed review of how an
> email is being classified.  If indeed your tokens are being scored, but
> not enough to contribute due to a high min_dev, the solution is to
> simply keep training or else reduce your min_dev slightly.

All defaults except for (in an attempt to reduce Unsures)...

ham_cutoff = 0.475
spam_cutoff= 0.80

I have yet another mailbox I started from scratch that only
accumulates spam (it's been around for awhile)...

# grep -h spamicity *

According to the 2nd manual run thru bogofilter only two
of these should be Unsure. How would it be possible for this
initial run thru bogofilter be so different from the 2nd ?

bogofilter -l -u -e -p -c /etc/bogofilter.cf -d $HOME/.bogofilter

--markc