Training from scratch

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Mon Mar 7 13:31:33 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 05:14, Mark Constable wrote:
> Just now I tried 10 emails in a row from myself and they all
> ended up as Unsure with a weight of 0.52. I manually fed them
> thru the above rule and yet they continued to have a weight
> of 0.52. I would have assumed that after training about 200
> words 10 times via "-Sn" that bogofilter would start to register
> these tokens as "good" and the 0.52 weight would decrease ?

It sounds like your robx=0.52... what's your min_dev?  If you have a
high min_dev, it may take more training to have an effect.  As David
suggested, use verbose output (-vvv) to see a detailed review of how an
email is being classified.  If indeed your tokens are being scored, but
not enough to contribute due to a high min_dev, the solution is to
simply keep training or else reduce your min_dev slightly.

Tom