Bogofilter-0.94.0 - new current release

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Mar 7 14:43:54 CET 2005

"Eric Wood" <eric at interplas.com> writes:

> Agreed. I'll probably now upgrade to 0.94.0.  I have customers running
> bogofilter and the thought of having to walk them through recovery of a
> transaction db was more frightening than just saying "restore last night's
> wordlist.db, and you're done."

This quick recovery option still works with a transactional database. In
fact, the default Berkeley DB configuration in bogofilter-0.94.0 when it
is used with --db-transaction=yes (non-default) is to purge old log
files, so either the automatic recovery works or you'll need to restore
your last snapshot anyhow.

> I know bogofilter solely based on the info in the FAQ and man page.  So if
> these two docs are not updated to contain the transactional twist on things,
> then I'll just resort to running non-transactional.

Check out doc/README.db.

> Good work Matthias and David!

Thanks for the flowers. :)