db_checkpoint shows troublesome for bf_copy

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Mar 3 12:13:24 CET 2005

I'm answering two posts at a time.

Lars Bungum <lars.bungum at copyleft.no> writes:

> David Relson wrote:
>
>>Different distributions give different names to Berkeley DB's
>>utilities.  I've got db_checkpoint, while you've got
>>db_checkpoint-4.2.  I've also seen names like db4.2_checkpoint.
>>What operating system/distribution are you using?  Are your bogofilter
>>executables from a package (RPM, DEB, etc) or did you build from source?
>
> Using FreeBSD 4.10 on this one, everthing installed from ports.
> Bogofilter 0.92.8, the db_copy.sh scripts were not included in the
> pkg_info -L file listing, these I got from mailing list archives.

bogofilter 0.92.8 does not yet support transactional databases, that's a
0.93 feature. That explains why you don't have a database environment
that could be checkpointed or recovered and why you're getting "file not
found" errors, as the environment files are missing, having never been there.

> I wouldn't know about this, in fact I don't really know much about the
> db-package at all.  But it seems to me it was the db_checkout-4.2
> program that gave an error, because it didn't find what it expected in
> my bogofilter directory.

Exactly (only it's db_checkpoint-4.2).

Lars Bungum <lars.bungum at copyleft.no> writes:

> and this is the source directory that is never done anything with (well,
> except copying). But I don't understand what you're meaning with removal
> of enviroment above there.  How can this happen?

In your case, it had never been created rather than being removed.

Bogofilter scripts from the distribution are usually fit only for the
bogofilter version they shipped with, 0.93 scripts may not or not
completely work for 0.92 bogofilter/bogoutil versions.