Stripsearch

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Mon Jun 13 17:11:43 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 00:38, Tom Anderson wrote:
> I used to receive messages like that too.  I assume they are some kind of
> probe to see if the spammer can send emails to you.  As David says, there
> should be info in the header to score them.

This is all there was in the header, nothing to train on, hence
I keep getting them in my unsure folder...

> However, if all of the header
> tokens seem neutral or even hammy, you could fix it like I did by using
> "spamitarium": http://orderamidchaos.com/bogofilter/spamitarium

Yet another script in the pipeline. I was hoping a one ot two line
addition to stripsearch might do the trick. I'll look into it.

> You could also use some DNSBLs at the MTA level to weed off the known
> spammers.  This way they will get a rejection from your mail server during
> the intial handshake before any data is even transmitted.  For me, Spamhaus
> gets a lot of it:

We use spamcop and that rids us of over 50% of spam at the front door.

> FEATURE(dnsbl,`spamhaus.org',`"554 Rejected. " $&{client_addr} "
> found in spamhaus.org. Please correct your Spamhaus designation as a
> spammer, and/or contact addressee through other means."')dnl

courier-mta here. I should try spamhaus too perhaps.

> BTW, over the weekend I received zero unsures, zero false positives, and
> just one false negative in several hundred messages.  With just a little
> more training, I will have virtually no spam problem anymore.

Excellent. What spam problem!!!

--markc