Stripsearch

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Mon Jun 13 16:38:00 CEST 2005

Mark,

I used to receive messages like that too.  I assume they are some kind of
probe to see if the spammer can send emails to you.  As David says, there
should be info in the header to score them.  However, if all of the header
tokens seem neutral or even hammy, you could fix it like I did by using
"spamitarium": http://orderamidchaos.com/bogofilter/spamitarium

You could also use some DNSBLs at the MTA level to weed off the known
spammers.  This way they will get a rejection from your mail server during
the intial handshake before any data is even transmitted.  For me, Spamhaus
gets a lot of it:

FEATURE(dnsbl,`sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org',`"554 Rejected. " $&{client_addr} "
found in sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org. Please correct your Spamhaus designation as a
spammer, and/or contact addressee through other means."')dnl

BTW, over the weekend I received zero unsures, zero false positives, and
just one false negative in several hundred messages.  With just a little
more training, I will have virtually no spam problem anymore.

 Tom