Stripsearch

reseau reseau at univ-tlse1.fr
Fri Jun 10 09:15:46 CEST 2005

Chris Fortune wrote:
> Nice work!!  I've been playing with it for about an hour now and found it very reliable and stable.  Thanks for the benchmark.
> Average time is 0.8 seconds per email on my dual cpu 1.7GHz machine.
>
> It doesn't deal with entity encoded href's however, for example:
> ene=2ehtml">
>
> maybe something like this would work?:
>
> $href =~ s/=(\d[a-zA-Z])/chr($1)/g;
> $href =~ s/(=\r?\n)/\n/g;
> even a simple text replacement s/href=3D/href=/ig would suffice in most cases.
>
> I'm not sure if this would break some MIME rule?
	Stripsearch is a nice idea, but there are some problems with some lines :

	hostname: dhcp46-47.univ-tlse1.fr
		(line of an arpwatch report) is transformed in
	hostname: univ-tlse1.fr

	---

	10.7.1.241	dhcp7-1-241.univ-tlse1.fr
		(line of an "virus" report) is transformed in
	10.7.1.241	univ-tlse1.fr

	---

	And now a question : have you try to use a "compiled" version of
stripsearch ? is-it a good idea ?

--
Fabrice Prigent              Responsable reseau
Tel : +33 5 61 63 36 93      Fax : +33 5 61 63 37 98   Bureau : AR38 bis