SPAN style="DISPLAY: none" spams

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Fri Jul 22 20:26:07 CEST 2005

From: "Tony L. Svanstrom" <tony at moon.pp.se>
> One of the things that I'm considering is to either delete all HTML-parts
> (and
> HTML-only e-mails), rejecting them or in one way or another refuse this
> "HTML-
> mess" to even reach as far as where bogofilter must "guess" on if the
> e-mail is
> spam or ham.

Why?  HTML emails are the easiest to classify because spammers can't help
but try to do tricks with them.  Detect just one trick, and you've got a
100% ID as spam.  The most common and unavoidable is this: <a
href="spammer.com">paypal.com</a>.  Now I'm not suggesting that you have to
run SpamAssassin or a hundred procmail recipes, but I'll definitely expend a
little extra processing power to detect such flagrant and persistent scams.
Meanwhile, I quite enjoy my HTML newsletters.

Tom