upgrade problem

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Jan 27 00:43:13 CET 2005

"Greg McCann" <greg at cambria.com> writes:

> I don't think this should be an uncommon situation, but bogofilter does
> not seem to accommodate this configuration by default.  To make this
> work with earlier versions, I simply set wordlist.db to chmod 666, which
> allowed bogofilter, as run under any UID, to read from or write to
> wordlist.db.  However with the latest version and its multiplicity of
> db__ and .log files, each new db__ or .log file receives the UID of the
> current user as it is created.  So when the next user receives an email,
> and their instance of bogofilter attempts to access the db__ and .log
> files that are owned by another user, chaos ensues.

If there is mutual trust between each and every users, hack the default
permissions in bogofilter's src/common.h to 0666 for DS_MODE and 0777
for DIR_MODE and make sure that all bogofilter processes are run with
"umask 0", and make sure the containing directory is world writable
(that is needed to start new files).