simplicity vs safety with complexity

Greg McCann greg at cambria.com
Wed Jan 26 04:01:01 CET 2005

On 1/25/2005 at 12:24 PM Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at piology.org> wrote:

>Many people have
>problems using the new feature. This seems to be manly due
>to the need to understand -- at least to some degree -- the
>underlying database. This is way to much for simple users.

My recent upgrade to bogofilter version 0.93.4 was a disaster and I have reverted to 0.91.1.  I could probably figure out what the problem is if I spent enough time on it, but maintaining bogofilter is only a very small part of the 1,001 things I have to do every day.  I don't have the time to mess with it and I don't want to make a career out of maintaining bogofilter.  I just want it to work, with a minimum of fuss.

Just a simple user's $0.02 worth,

Greg McCann