questions about database upgrades

rkimber at ntlworld.com rkimber at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 6 00:02:31 CET 2005

I'v just upgraded from 0.91.3  to 0.93.3 (snapshot) and am trying to
understand the implications for the ordinary inexpert user.

I currently have DB 4.0.14-139x86_64 on my SuSe 9.1 Professional system.

How do I tell if SleepyCat-posted patches have been applied?

I understand that I would need a "log file upgrade" if DB is upgraded,
and that this involves a certain sequence of actions.

I'm thinking of upgrading to SuSe 9.2, which is likely to have a
different version of DB.  Am I right in thinking that before I start the
SuSe upgrade, I would need to run
bogoutil --remove-environment ~/.bogofilter
on the 9.1 system?

Also, if DB were at any time to be upgraded automatically by Yast, am I
right in thinking that this would screw things up? I.e. I would need to
put the version on 'hold'.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber