verify vs recover

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Feb 26 02:38:28 CET 2005

Andre Galvani <andre.galvani at globo.com> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> After install bogofilter 0.93, I've tried to run bogoutil in my
> corrupted db files, but I've received the follow error:
>
> ./bogoutil --db-verify /my/db/wordlist.db.old  -xd -vv
> trying to lock database directory
> db_env_create: 0xbfffdec8
> running regular data base recovery
> /my/db/__db.001: unable to initialize environment lock: Function not
> implemented
> bogoutil: Cannot recover environment "/my/db": Function not implemented
>
> when the lock file "__db.001" is created? Is It because of my bogofilter
> version, that's don't create these lock files?

Let me guess: later Red Hat or Fedora Core Linux, and a trusty processor
that is either not Intel or not of the latest models?  Red Hat and
Fedora Core threading setup is a mystery to me, and it adversely affects
Berkeley DB usability; bug reports have been filed ages ago, to no
avail...

If that is it, build Berkeley DB from source and point your bogofilter
build towards it.

If that's not it, please give system details, CPU, operating system and
version, Berkeley DB version.