verify vs recover

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Feb 26 02:34:23 CET 2005

Andre Galvani <andre.galvani at globo.com> writes:

> Is The options for verify and recovery the db file is only available for
> bogoutil version 0.93 ?
> I'm using bogofilter 0.92 and I didn't see this options...

Right. bogofilter 0.92.8 database corruption cannot be recovered, these
options are only effective for Berkeley DB Transactional (that means,
0.93.X in default options).

> Can I use bogoutil 0.93 for recovery a db file that is read for
> bogofilter 0.92 ?

Unfortunately, you cannot. db_dump -r may help you dump the data, and
you can load back with db_load, but then check bogoutil -d output if
your file looks complete, or stops somewhere in the middle of the alphabet.