Wanting a pre-db4 bogofilter

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Feb 25 10:55:14 CET 2005

Karl Schmidt <karl at xtronics.com> writes:

> I think your run-time switch will also fix some of the permission driven
> coruption problems

There had been bugs inside bogofilter that removed the group permission
bit even if the umask was right (02), they have been fixed since.

Likely, but more importantly, it will allow a site administrator to
provide a read-only access, non-transactional copy of a site-wide
wordlist.db that users can use.

> Can I suggest you make non-trasactional setup the default?

I will strongly recommend making transactional the default - the best
bet is to let each user train his database individually, so there will
only be one user per database, and transactional is the only mode that
allows for unattended operation.

> You've made my day.

Oh, you're welcome.