Wanting a pre-db4 bogofilter

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Fri Feb 25 05:43:13 CET 2005

David Relson wrote:

> Question:  have you tried "bogoutil --db-prune=directory" to remove
> unwanted log files?

Yes - just did a few minutes ago works fine, I suppose a distribution could have
the install package dump a script into a cron folder --- would depend on their
policies??

> In a few days I hope to be releasing 0.94.0 which will have run-time
> switches to tell bogofilter (and bogoutil) to use transaction (or
> non-transaction) mode.

Wonderful news! You guys had me worried for a bit. Yes, recreating the db is not
a big deal for me as I archive ham and spam (Someday I will get rich quick from
a class action law suit that pays so much per spam -- for those who have the
proof! <grin>)

I think your run-time switch will also fix some of the permission driven
coruption problems - as once created the permsissions on the db don't change -
only the log files created a problem. Can I suggest you make non-trasactional
setup the default?

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    		       WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of
getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into
small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.
--Mark Twain