understanding -vvv output

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Feb 11 19:57:57 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:18:08 -0800
.rp wrote:

> using .15.7 ,
> I did a bogofilter -vvv < msg.txt
>
> I want to make sure I am interpreting the output correctly.
> "head:format"                  6363  0.050000  0.083968  0.626776 -
> "quoted-printable"             8169  0.050000  0.107804  0.683152 +
>
> means that the message was considered non-spam until it hit the "quoted-
> printable" at which point it became spam.
> If this is correct, is there any way to get rid of the "quoted-printable" score
> from wordlist? Can it be done in .9x ?

RP,

The FAQ describes "-vvv" output.  The final column indicates whether the
token is included in the score or not.  Inclusion is controlled by the
value of min_dev and yours appears to be 0.15 (or close to that).

Whether a message is considered spam, ham, unsure in controlled by the
values of spam_cutoff and ham_cutoff.  Running "bogofilter -Q" will show
you the values of those parameters.

Lastly, tokens can be excluded by using an ignore list.  See "Can I tell
bogofilter to ignore certain tokens?" in the FAQ.  Ignore lists _are_ a
feature of 0.15.7, but there may well have related changes since then.

HTH,