to good to last

Robin Lynn Frank rlfrank at paradigm-omega.com
Wed Feb 2 17:04:12 CET 2005

David Relson wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:13:37 -0800
> Robin Lynn Frank wrote:
>
> ...[snip]...
>

>>I'm trying to put this all together.  I compiled the latest stable
>>version.  I believe there was an rpm of an older version that may have
>>left some sample configs around, which is probably where the "-f" came from.
>>
>>I'm also looking at which BerkelyDB library it was compiled against,
>>since The BDB I had compiled was not the same version as the libraries
>>with the Mandrake Linux 10.0 distro.  To  insure that I didn't screw
>>things up I will start from scratch and see what happens.
>

> Hi Robin,
>
> As I use Mandrake 10.1 for development and run 10.0 on my mail server,
> bogofilter is known to work in the environment.  If you don't want to
> build from scratch, Charles Edwards (www.eslrahc.com) builds a Mandrake
> specific RPM for bogofilter (as well as RPMs for the latest versions of
> various other packages).  His work is highly recommended.

Since I don't want to needlessly clutter the list, I'll reply to both
you and
Matthias in one post.

Unfortunately, the only current  version rpm at eslrahc.com is for 10.1
and it complains I don't have libdb-4.2.so, which I actually do have.
RPMs are a great way to keep versions current, but since every distro
thinks it knows where files belong even if the application's creator
thinks otherwise, and since I compiled BDB from source...:-(

As far as Matthias' question as to whether the original problem belonged
to bogofilter or was of my creation, I'm inclined to think it was mine.
  apparently, J had once installed an old RPM which I did not use and
forgot was there.  Compiling from source and installing while the
remnants of the old installation were there, is the likely culprit.

I'll try to avoid such problems this time.  Thanks for all the help.

BTW, while it worked here, it was great.

--
Robin Lynn Frank - Director of Operations - Paradigm-Omega, LLC
Website:   http://www.paradigm-omega.com/