to good to last

Robin Lynn Frank rlfrank at paradigm-omega.com
Wed Feb 2 07:13:37 CET 2005

David Relson wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:48:38 -0800
> Robin Lynn Frank wrote:
>

>>Everything was fine and then:
>>
>>Feb  1 12:31:35 omega postfix/local[27849]: E1B4453338:
>>to=<xxxxx at paradigm-omega.net>, orig_to=<rlfrank at paradigm-omega.com>,
>>relay=local, delay=6, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command
>>output: Unknown option '-f'. Invalid log file: log.0000000002: No such
>>file or directory PANIC: No such file or directory PANIC:
>>DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery bogofilter:
>>DB_ENV->open, err: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery To
>>recover, run: bogoutil -v --db-recover "/home/xxxxx/.bogofilter"
>>maildrop: error writing to filter. /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to filter
>>message. )
>>
>>BTW, bogoutil -v --db-recover "/home/xxxx/.bogofilter"
>>Unknown option --.
>>
>>Maybe it isn't my week to (understand|get lucky|try new things). :-(
>

> Hi Robin,
>
> What version of bogofilter are you using?  What OS are you running?  How
> old is the maildrop recipe from which you're running it?
>
> The "-f" flag has been meaningless for approx a year, although it was
> accepted (and ignored) until just recently.  You should definitely
> delete the flag.
>
> As to the "Unknown option --", I can't reproduce it with the 0.93.5
> release.  If you're using a 0.93.x release (other than 0.93.5), get the
> newer release.
>
> If you're still having the problem, add "-x dc -vvv" to your command
> line (to have bogoutil display debug info on what it's doing) and then
> post the output so we can determine what's going on.
>
> Once we get the "Unknown option" problem sorted out, we can work on the
> "Invalid log file ... PANIC" problem.
>
> HTH,
>
> David

I'm trying to put this all together.  I compiled the latest stable
version.  I believe there was an rpm of an older version that may have
left some sample configs around, which is probably where the "-f" came from.

I'm also looking at which BerkelyDB library it was compiled against,
since The BDB I had compiled was not the same version as the libraries
with the Mandrake Linux 10.0 distro.  To  insure that I didn't screw
things up I will start from scratch and see what happens.

--
Robin Lynn Frank - Director of Operations - Paradigm-Omega, LLC
Website:   http://www.paradigm-omega.com/