to good to last

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Feb 2 05:48:48 CET 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:48:38 -0800
Robin Lynn Frank wrote:

> Everything was fine and then:
>
> Feb  1 12:31:35 omega postfix/local[27849]: E1B4453338:
> to=<xxxxx at paradigm-omega.net>, orig_to=<rlfrank at paradigm-omega.com>,
> relay=local, delay=6, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command
> output: Unknown option '-f'. Invalid log file: log.0000000002: No such
> file or directory PANIC: No such file or directory PANIC:
> DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery bogofilter:
> DB_ENV->open, err: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery To
> recover, run: bogoutil -v --db-recover "/home/xxxxx/.bogofilter"
> maildrop: error writing to filter. /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to filter
> message. )
>
> BTW, bogoutil -v --db-recover "/home/xxxx/.bogofilter"
> Unknown option --.
>
> Maybe it isn't my week to (understand|get lucky|try new things). :-(

Hi Robin,

What version of bogofilter are you using?  What OS are you running?  How
old is the maildrop recipe from which you're running it?

The "-f" flag has been meaningless for approx a year, although it was
accepted (and ignored) until just recently.  You should definitely
delete the flag.

As to the "Unknown option --", I can't reproduce it with the 0.93.5
release.  If you're using a 0.93.x release (other than 0.93.5), get the
newer release.

If you're still having the problem, add "-x dc -vvv" to your command
line (to have bogoutil display debug info on what it's doing) and then
post the output so we can determine what's going on.

Once we get the "Unknown option" problem sorted out, we can work on the
"Invalid log file ... PANIC" problem.

HTH,