New Release: Bogofilter 1.0.0

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Thu Dec 22 11:47:57 CET 2005

Tom Anderson wrote:
> Chris Fortune wrote:
>
>>Great praises, props and respect to the bogofilter team!  Together you have provided a shining example of a successful open-source
>>project, and have contributed significantly to the salvation of the publicly owned e-mail system.  Bogofilter should receive a
>>government grant to continue research in this area, or at least a commendation.
>

> Agreed, bogofilter rocks!  And I personally commend everyone who has
> helped to make it what it is.  But let's keep the government out of
> it... if the developers need funding, a paypal donation link on the
> bogofilter homepage should generate plenty of donations from happy
> users.  The last thing we need is government getting their fingers into
> our email.
>
> Tom

All your base belong to us!
(sorry, couldn't resist)

I have a confession about bogofilter.  I rarely read the list anymore and I
rarely spend much if any time thinking about it.  It's that I'm too busy to
care, but bogofilter has fallen into that small realm of things that, once set
up, just never need any baby-sitting.  There's a few scripts I've put together
over the years to accomodate my needs and with those, it's happily chunking
along for months at a time without any fussing.

Now I have to go read up on the new and improved features of 1.0.0.

Not to derail anything, but it inquire, has there been any thought to pooling
some of the various scripts, techniques (ASN), or architectures compiled on how
to use bogofilter?

Theres some light discussion on how to deploy in a multi-user environment, but
I'm not certain that any of these scale all that well (I don't know that I want
procmail running on 3500 individual accounts on one server...)