Bogofilter migration & tuneup

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Mon Dec 5 14:06:26 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm moving my mail server and am moving from bogofilter 0.93.5 to 1.0.0

I understand that the way to migrate is to dump the word list (in the
old version) and to reload it with the new one. Is this right?

So, I'm using this command to dump the word list:

 bogoutil.0.93  -d /path/to/.bogofilter.bak/wordlist.db  > wordlist.txt

(bogoutil.0.93 is the bogoutil binary from the 0.93.5 package, copied
onto my new machine).

The thing is, wordlist.txt is currently around 4.7GB in size and
growing! The original wordlist.db is 105MB.

How can I reduce the size of the wordlist?

One last thing, on the old machine, the .bogofilter directory "filled
up" with loads of DB log files. I'm not really interested in keeping all
of them. Is the correct way to keep these in check to use a cron task
running "bogoutil --db-prune" ?

Thanks,

R.