cannot dump wordlist

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Dec 4 16:49:31 CET 2005

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> bf_resize needs both db_archive and db_stats.  He's reported not
> having db_archive.

db_stats is something else. Debian 3.1 should have db3_stat and
db3_archive according to
<http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=libdb3-util&version=stable&arch=i386>

Debian 3.1 usually uses 0.94.4 as you can see here:

<http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=bogofilter&searchon=names&subword=1&version=stable&release=all>

This package requires libdb4.3 and recommends db4.3-util.

If the system is using db3 for some reason I do not see, it's about time
that the administrator typed "apt-get install libdb3-util".

If there is no administrator, building the tool in the own home is as
simple as downloading the db3.2 tarball, unpacking it and then

cd build_unix
../dist/configure --prefix=$HOME/bdb32/
make
make install

and add $HOME/bdb32/bin to the PATH variable like this:

env PATH=$HOME/bdb32/bin:$PATH bf_resize ~/.bogofilter

That should be enough information to recover from the problem, and we
should stop caring beyond that point.  There has never been a "stable"
0.93.X release, Berkeley DB 3.2 is five years old, and we need not
support ancient custom-made incomplete installations when better and
presumably working system installations are available.