bogofilter installation on debian

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Dec 3 21:56:45 CET 2005

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 15:22:42 -0500
Zhenyu Zhong wrote:

> Thanks a lot for all the previous emails.
> I finally solved the problem by building the latest automake from scratch.
> The reason I want to build the bogofilter from scatch instead of deb package
> is that I want to modify the source code and do some profiling on the
> modified version.
> Now the problem solved by upgrading automake.
>
> Thanks for all of your suggestions. I am very appreciated.
> zhenyu

Glad to hear of your success.   Let us know what you learn when you
profile.  FWIW, we already know that parsing takes a significant
percentage of the processing time.  As that's both necessary and
complex we accept that percentage.  Of course if you find better
methods for what bogofilter does, the changes will be of value to
everyone.

Regards,