bogofilter installation on debian

Zhenyu Zhong andrezh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 02:47:32 CET 2005

Thanks a lot.
Since I am trying to build the bogofilter from scratch on DEBIAN, I have
automake v1.4-p6 , autoconf v 2.13. I don't know if they are too old. But
these are the latest version I can find on debian.
I tried using the configure script from the ftp site. I can run the
configure successfully. But when I go to ./src and do make, it complains
"Makefile:17611: *** missing separator.  Stop."

Any idea on what is going on?
thanks
zhenyu