bogofilter installation on debian

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Dec 2 00:53:17 CET 2005

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:54:34 -0500
Zhenyu Zhong wrote:

> I tried ./autogen.sh without lib part
> But still can't compile. The same error occurs.
>

> zhenyu

Hello zhenyu,

When I build test versions I use option sets like:

  --with-database=qdbm
  --with-database=db --with-libdb-prefix=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3
  --with-database=db --with-libdb-prefix=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2

If that form doesn't help, the problem may be an old version of
autoconf or automake which are the tools for generating the configure
script and the make files.  FWIW, I'm running autoconf 2.59 and
automake v1.9.4.

If you have the configure script, try using that without autogen.sh.
If you don't have a copy of configure, I've made one available at
ftp.bogofilter.org/pub/outgoing/bogofilter-1.0.0/configure.

HTH,

David
www.osagesoftware.com          tel:  734.821.8800