rpmbuild for 0.95.2 works with valgrind 2.4

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Aug 21 21:08:28 CEST 2005

Chris Wilkes <cwilkes-bf at ladro.com> writes:

> On my Fedora Core 3 box with the supplied valgrind 2.2 I would get an
> error on the valgrind test of
>   vg_libpthread.c:2331 (open64): Assertion `open64_ptr != ((void *)0) &&
>   open64_ptr != open64' failed.
>
> looking on the valgrind mailing list I found this was fixed in later
> versions, so I downloaded the source to 2.4 (I couldn't find an rpm of it):
>   http://valgrind.org/downloads/source_code.html
> and was able to do build the bogofilter rpm from the src rpm:
>   rpmbuild --rebuild bogofilter-0.95.2-1.src.rpm

I think that valgrind is a bit delicate in that it can easily fail for
several combinations of kernel, glibc, valgrind versions, and we should
not run it by default. I am committing a corresponding patch that will
by default skip t.valgrind and only run it if BF_RUN_VALGRIND is set and
nonempty in the environment. That makes it easy enough to use and is
simple enough a chance so I do not need to worry about it.