rpmbuild for 0.95.2 works with valgrind 2.4

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Aug 20 17:53:47 CEST 2005

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 08:30:53 -0700
Chris Wilkes wrote:

> On my Fedora Core 3 box with the supplied valgrind 2.2 I would get an
> error on the valgrind test of
>   vg_libpthread.c:2331 (open64): Assertion `open64_ptr != ((void *)0) &&
>   open64_ptr != open64' failed.
>
> looking on the valgrind mailing list I found this was fixed in later
> versions, so I downloaded the source to 2.4 (I couldn't find an rpm of it):
>   http://valgrind.org/downloads/source_code.html
> and was able to do build the bogofilter rpm from the src rpm:
>   rpmbuild --rebuild bogofilter-0.95.2-1.src.rpm
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

Interesting!

I've had valgrind problems for a while.  As userid 'relson' the
valgrind test in 'make check' fails.  As userid 'root' the test runs
fine.  My "solution" has been to uninstall valgrind, which lets 'make
check' and 'make rpm' succeed.  Sounds like time to update and see what
happens.

Thanks for the info.