0.95.2.cvs compilation succeeded on IRIX 6.5

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Aug 6 14:19:52 CEST 2005

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 13:16:16 +0900
Daichi Kawahata wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 04:00:26 +0200
> Matthias Andree wrote:
>
> > > configure:13914: checking for GSL - version >= 1.4
> > > configure:14013: ccache gcc -o conftest [...] -lgslcblas -lm >&5
> > > as ERROR parsing -no-mdebug:  unknown flag
> > > as ERROR parsing -mabi=n32:  unknown flag
> >
> > This appears as though GCC assumed GNU as, and it got something
> > else.
> >
> > Might ccache induce these difficulties?
>
> I've tried to compile without ccache, but it didn't help. I'll
> attach build log from the autogen.sh and config.log so that you
> can check where has problem.
>
> With the current test status, can I use Bogofilter as my daily
> spam-inspector?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Daichi

Hello Daichi,

The Irix patches are appreciated.  It's always nice to get bogofilter
up on another OS, though we're not fully there in your case.

Looking at your build output, the following messages appear multiple
times:

 cc1: note: obsolete option -I- used, please use -iquote instead
 ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/lib32/libm.so is not used for resolving any symbol.

They're annoying, but harmless.

Looking at "tests_on_irix.log", I must confess that I've not seen so
many tests fail with a possibly working environment.  My guess is that
there's an incompatibility between shell features needed by the test
scripts and Irix's shell.  The test scripts use /bin/sh.  What shell is
are you using on Irix?  Can you use bash?  If so, are the results
different?

As to a simple operational test, I've attached a simple test script
test.0806.sh and its output (in test.0806.out).  LIf it runs, bogofilter
is operating and is likely good enough for you to use.  If it doesn't
run, there are options to output lots of debug messages and we can turn
them on.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

David