0.95.2.cvs compilation succeeded on IRIX 6.5

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Aug 5 19:58:19 CEST 2005

Sorry Matthias, I sent a mail directory...

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:40:24 +0200
Matthias Andree wrote:

> > Please take a look at the attached logs, it'd be glad if you
> > give me any hints to have bogofilter working properly.
>
> The logs have probably been stripped by the mailing list software,
> it is configured not to let application/octet-stream pass. Try
> text/plain for logs, or if the logs are larger, just upload them
> to an FTP or HTTP server and tell us the URL or mail it offlist
> to David and me.

Yeah, I've attached again (hope this works).

> > On a side note for IRIX user, if you're using gcc4 as well,
> > you'll have to rename /usr/bin/as to /usr/bin/as.disable or the
> > like, otherwise GSL detecting would fail with error below,
> >
> >   as ERROR parsing -no-mdebug:  unknown flag
> >   as ERROR parsing -mabi=n32:  unknown flag
> >
> > (probably path order issue, GNU as was located at
> > /usr/local/bin/as).
>
> Hm. The GSL configure script causes these?

Yes, like the following,

configure:13914: checking for GSL - version >= 1.4
configure:14013: ccache gcc -o conftest [...] -lgslcblas -lm >&5
as ERROR parsing -no-mdebug:  unknown flag
as ERROR parsing -mabi=n32:  unknown flag
configure:14016: $? = 1
configure: program exited with status 1

> >  /** Type we use for a lock cell. */
> > -typedef char cell_t;
> > +typedef short cell_t;
> > +/* typedef char cell_t; */
>
> This looks problematic. Does "unsigned char" work for you?
> Or what was the problem with cell_t being a "char"?

At error_on_irix.log, there seems type mismatch.

Regards,
--
Daichi