0.95.2.cvs compilation succeeded on IRIX 6.5

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Aug 5 19:40:24 CEST 2005

It's fine, although patches are better sent to the -dev@ list.

> Please take a look at the attached logs, it'd be glad if you give
> me any hints to have bogofilter working properly.

The logs have probably been stripped by the mailing list software, it is
configured not to let application/octet-stream pass. Try text/plain for
logs, or if the logs are larger, just upload them to an FTP or HTTP
server and tell us the URL or mail it offlist to David and me.

> On a side note for IRIX user, if you're using gcc4 as well, you'll
> have to rename /usr/bin/as to /usr/bin/as.disable or the like,
> otherwise GSL detecting would fail with error below,
>
>   as ERROR parsing -no-mdebug:  unknown flag
>   as ERROR parsing -mabi=n32:  unknown flag
>
> (probably path order issue, GNU as was located at
> /usr/local/bin/as).

Hm. The GSL configure script causes these?

>  /** Type we use for a lock cell. */
> -typedef char cell_t;
> +typedef short cell_t;
> +/* typedef char cell_t; */

This looks problematic. Does "unsigned char" work for you? Or what was
the problem with cell_t being a "char"?