Favorite DBMS

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Aug 1 11:20:50 CEST 2005

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, Thiago Damas wrote:

>   Is SQLite3 the fastest storage backend for bogofilter?

I've done only minimal benchmarking and it appears a bit slower than
Berkeley DB Transactional on my computer, but the difference isn't
ground-shaking. A factor of two perhaps, if not less. YMMV.

The Berkeley DB Transactional interface is also easier to use since the
0.95.2 stable release, no more lock table resizing is necessary: It uses
traditional fcntl() locking at file level, as the traditional Berkeley
DB does. This makes it a lot easier to run Berkeley DB unattended.