multiple wordlists from the command line?

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Apr 21 02:17:00 CEST 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:47:14 -0700
Chris Fortune wrote:

> Attempting to fathom the intricacies of multiple wordlists, scripted from the command line.  From the FAQ:
>
> # config
> wordlist R,user,~/wordlist.db,1
> wordlist R,system,/var/spool/bogofilter/wordlist.db,1
>
> However, I won't be able to use this config option, because my user data and mail is managed completely within a custom php/mysql
> database, so it must be done with a command line instead.  Can some kind person please give a sample command line that would work to
> combine two word lists in this way?

Hi Chris,

Bogofilter's config file options can all be used on the command line
(with the proviso that underscores in file options be changed to
hyphens for the command line).

Something like the following should do what you want:

  bogofilter --wordlist=R,user,~/wordlist.db,1 --wordlist=R,system,/var/spool/bogofilter/wordlist.db,1

Bogofilter also has some debug facilities for printing info about how
it's doing things.  To enable DEBUG_CONFIG messages add flags "-x c" to
your command line.  TO see more details, include "-v" or "-vv" or "-
vvv" etc

HTH,