Large Scale

Jason A. Smith jason at jazbo.dyndns.org
Thu Apr 7 21:35:50 CEST 2005

There are arguments both for and against this, so why not let people do
what they prefer?  For example, top posting allows people who have been
following the thread to immediately see a person's new contribution
without searching through the possibly long quoted text for the non-
quoted pieces.  Then if you don't remember the original post, you can
always refer down below to the quoted piece to refresh your memory,
otherwise you can easily ignore it and concentrate on the new
information at the top.  Personally, I hate scrolling down looking for a
little piece of un-quoted text in the middle of a large piece of quoted
text, only to see a simple one line reply.  I wish that person had just
placing the new information at the top where it is easy to see so I
don't have to waste my time parsing text that I have already read and
remember.  Also, since most people don't bother to trim quoted text, I
much prefer that they at least top-post.

~Jason